Can you believe this is my first post of 2016!? 2015 was an amazing year that flew by! It was my first year out of school. After graduating in 2014 from high school I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do with my life. I was stuck in school mode, thinking that after the holidays I would go back. But I didn't, I suddenly had all this free time that I didn't know what to do with. So I went to Tafe and studied a Diploma in Makeup. I studied all makeup, natural makeup, bridal makeup, wounds, cuts, bruises, characters, hair styling and everything in between.
High school is meant to prepare you for life after school, it's meant to prepare you for college and living independently. But there is so many things I did not expect.
Tafe is a step up from school but not quite at University level, so I wasn't expecting it to be that difficult. I had no idea how much work and effort went into becoming a makeup artist. I struggled slightly at the end because of all the pressure to succeed because if I failed that's it; thousands of dollars down the drain.
Luckily I pushed through and passed every assessment. If I were to go back I would have told myself to start the written assessments straight away so I wouldn't be behind. I would have told myself how much work I had to do so I would be much more prepared.
On December 5 2014 I posted my first YouTube video: November Favourites. I had an underwhelming amount of views which was a little disappointing; thinking I was going to become a internet sensation over night. I think I got four views in one day. It was discouraging to say the least. But I kept going, even through my makeup course, posting a new video every Sunday. In one year I hit 500 subscribers and made a lot of friends. 500 subscribers still is a small amount, however it is more then I could have dreamed of. I know if I keep working hard at something I will eventually succeed. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed and I know I can't expect to be everyones favourite YouTuber but if a make a few people smile that will be enough. However my dream is to keep going with YouTube and to make my channel grow so people all around the world can watch and learn makeup tips and laugh when I make mistakes. I have grown so much in a year mentally and emotionally. I've learned what makes me happy and how to be confident in myself, which is not something I could not of done without YouTube.
Starting my blog has been a great way to express myself and share my passion for writing and makeup. I've been able to rave about amazing products and talk about the fun things I've done. I thank everyone for supporting me so far, I know I don't post that often as I find it hard to be constantly inspired with my writing. Whenever I do have little creative outbursts (like right now) I try hard to make the best blog post I can. I hope you appreciate that and continue reading.
Some of my favourite things that have happened this year:
1. Becoming a whole lot closer with a group of friends that support me and show no judgement. Okay maybe a little judgement because we are all weird & a little crazy. You know who you are ;)
2. Turning 18, somewhat scary but an amazing feeling to be a legal adult.
3. Going to concerts! One Direction, Sam Smith & Ed Sheeran.
4. Travelling! I travelled overseas to England, Singapore & Edinburgh this year which was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, I have always had a need to see the world and I finally got to do it this year. I learned so much and can't wait to travel in the coming years.
5. For one of my friends birthdays we travelled down South and stayed in a little apartment overlooking the sea. We got up to so many fun things and it made me so happy to share that experience with the best people ever.
6. Hitting milestones on YouTube. As I said earlier: 500 subscribers!!!
7. My sister turned 3. My little best friend is growing up so fast, I love her to bits.
8. All my friends turning 18. We partied A LOT. Will never forget some of the funniest moments we shared this year.
9. Christmas & the New Year were two of my favourite celebrations. I spent so much time with friends and family and I am so sad the festive celebrations are over. December is one of my favourite months of the year.
1. Save your money.
2. Work hard.
3. Get fit & eat healthier.
4. Spend time doing things that make you happy.
5. Procrastinate less.
6. Learn Spanish.
7. Write more blog posts!
8. Read more books & expand vocabulary.
9. Do more to help charity.
10. Bake yummy goods without burning anything.
How many of those do you think I'll actually do? I hope all of them...
In 2015 I learned to spend a little more time making myself happy and less time thinking about what other people think of me. I've leant to work hard for what I want to achieve in life. I've learnt to depend more on myself then relaying on others. I've leant not to take anything for granted and I've leant everything happens for a reason.
I've learnt that happiness is everything. And I hope that every year is as happy as this year was.
2015 was one of the best years of my life. I'm glad to end this year with no regrets.
Thankyou for following me this year on my YouTube channel and on my blog. I hope you all had an as amazing year as I have and I look forward to the incredible adventures 2016 has in store for me. Good luck in 2016 everyone.